Monday, June 11, 2007

Let's do a lil Hob-Knobbing



Having restored 4 historic homes, it’s almost a physical impossibility for me to pass by any type of architectural element. This may be the reason I have, by conservative estimate, 50 sets of glass door knobs. I used to keep them in containers in my workshop, but they are so pretty I thought it was sad to keep them hidden away.

Here I've taken a very large mossy nest and filled it up with some of these lil glass gems. I love the mix of the two opposing styles. It makes for interesting conversation too! We may not have the goose that layed the Golden Egg, but we do have the duck that laid the glass knobs!

3 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Oh! Welcome,welcome! We have a nice big family here! Theresa and I met a few months ago (online) and she introduced me to another Theresa (cottagetiques) well...hang on for a really fun ride! Love the nest of glass knobs :)

Anonymous said...

And can you belive the same woman who does all this decorating is just as comfortable on a tractor....
Love ya baby.......

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

You're so funny.....I do love driving the tractor!! You better watch out, I keep tellin ya we're gonna need to get his and hers Kubotas!

Love you too!!

P.S. Thank you for checking out your wifeepoo's blog!