Tuesday, August 03, 2010

You're So Doggone Cute!

Your comments tickled me!  TV shows and Oprah spots are not on the horizon (how cute were those comments?)  But, I will confess that we do have a magazine photo shoot in our future.  More to come on that later...

The sweetest surprises are many times, found in simple things right under our nose.  Our BIG surprise is sitting right next door.  We are opening a new location in Canton....well, not just a new location....a BIG new location!  It's almost 6000 square feet with 80 feet of storefront windows!  What can I say?  It's fantastic!  It offers tons of storage with big roll up doors for deliveries....it's everything we needed to grow!

Our current location is about 1600 square feet of retail space with no storage at all, so this is a very BIG move for us.  Are you smiling with me??!!  We had hoped to grow where we were, but we just couldn't make it happen.  So, when an opportunity was presented, we pounced!  And, we've have not had a moment of rest since!

We've been busy bees, painting, building, burning lots of midnight oil!  I'm so pleased with our progress, it's turning out far better than I had hoped or imagined.  The excitement to share it with you is almost more than I can bear! I find myself smiling throughout the day, particularly when we finish something that I know you're going to enjoy...I've had many many days like that.  We will reveal the new location for our Fall Preview Party that is slated the same as the past 2 years, the Saturday before First Monday, August 28th!

Many of our vintage goodies that we've been stock-piling for Fall have already found their places, just wait until you see all the surprises!  As I watch the rapid rate at which this much larger space is filling up, I know that we should have done this sooner.   But, the path for this business has always been paved....the timing has always been perfect...the stones always lead the way.  We are so very blessed.

As for our current location, no plans to give it up.  Instead, we are converting it into a location for our closeouts and "project pieces".  Something that has been long overdue for us.  That location will always be special to us, it was our first permanent location.

I have MORE surprises to share regarding our new shoppe....really cool surprises!  This is such an amazing time for us! 

I want to share it all with you right now, but nah.....let's leave something for our next visit together! 

Clue....the next surprises have to do with things inside the new shoppe....

I want so much to tell you NOW!

19 comments:

Blissful Endings said...

I knew it! One of the sweet girls that works for you toyed about it last month and I guessed it!

We will be there with bells on, I can't wait to see the new place! OMG 6000, that's huge! Can't wait to hear more!

Congratulations Laurie Anna!

cupcakegirl said...

How exciting! We love to come to your spring and fall events, can't wait to see what magic you work on your new location! So happy for you, all your hard work has paid off!

Carol Bennett said...

How exciting and FUN!!! 6000 sq ft, Wow!!! Can't wait , we'll be back to TX at the end of Sept.See ya then!
Carol in GA

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Exciting! Congratulations!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the new place and the new goods...same greatness, just bigger? Maybe furniture? Bedding? ~ Angela

The Green Pea said...

LaurieAnna, the Lord has truly blessed you. You are a sweet lady and I am so happy for you. I will certainly visit your new location the next time I visit Texas. God Bless you always. Hugs, sandi

she dreams big! said...

Congrats Laurie Anna! That means more goodies for us to choose from! Sure wish I lived closer!

Glimpse of My World said...

OH MY GOSH!! Good for you dear!! so no more pavilion? right! I'm sure you can handle both but dang.. that is alot of space.. . you gal's call me if you need me to scoot down and unpack some boxes! hugs to you all!

Amy R. said...

Congrats on needing and getting a new space! It makes me wish even more that I lived closer to come visit your show. I am convinced it would be my absolute favorite!
Stay cool and best wishes!
Amy

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

LaurieAnna, Wow 6000 sq feet! How wonderful that your business is such a success. It could not happen to a nicer person and I am so happy for you. Congrats.
Hugs, Sherry

Unknown said...

In a magazine, I am not surprised! And I can NOT wait to see all that you've done to the new place...I know it will be amazing as always. Hope I can come see it this month. Congratulations LaurieAnna!
Blessings,
Becky C
Buckets of Burlap

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I am so excited to see it!

Prior said...

congratulations on the bigger space! I can't wait!!! I didn't get to guess about your magazine news, so I'll guess you are going to be in Holiday with Matthew Mead. Whatever it is I know it will be great!

Sueann said...

I am so excited for you!!!! What a blessing...6000 sq. feet! Wowzers!!!
That is awesome!
Can't wait to see inside and all the goodies that you have!!!
And keeping the old place too is a stroke of genius! A place for projects...how cool is that?
Congrats!
Hugs
SueAnn

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I knew it would be over the top huge. Congrats Laurie, so excited for you.

Life In My Nest said...

Aw, come on, you're killing me! Let us have all the news!!! I am so happy for your much-deserved success. Will your new location only be open during first Monday Trade Days? Can't wait for more info.
Teresa

Elsie said...

WOW!!! Laurie that's great. I think
I know where you're going. 6000sq.
ft is a lot of room and you so needed it and you so deserve all
of this. At least I got one thing
right, the magazine. Is it Romantic
Homes? Is it Country Almanac? Oh
my what could it be....the suspense
is killing me. I am so happy for
you. CONGRATS!!!!":o)

paperjunk-lc said...

I'M SO THERE!!!! CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE EVERYTHING!! YOU'RE SIMPLY AMAZING.

Shoe Closets said...

Who took that photo? It's professional.