Thursday, May 26, 2011

Parkhouse Antiques

I first learned of Parkhouse Antiques in Dallas through my friend, Jennifer Claire, when she had her bridal portraits taken there.  It took me a while to get there for a visit, but boy was it worth the wait. 






Daphne and I wandered through the store being cheerfully helped by owners Lindra and Allen. 


My weakness has always been anything architectural - windows, doors, trim, porch railings, awnings, I'm a sucker for it all!  This store was heaven for me, so much to dig through and so many wonderful things!


During our visit, Lindra surprised me when she asked, "Are you LaurieAnna?".  As it turns out, she had visited my Shoppe previously and recognized me although we'd not been introduced.  She and I connected and enjoyed great conversation for quite a while!
A few days later, hubster and I ended up at dinner with Lindra and Allen and enjoyed more great shoppe talk.  We learned that they are very soon opening another location in Clarksville, Texas.  And, we were fortunate to see their charming new location that is housed in a 100 plus year old historic building on the square in Clarksville.
And, they are not alone!  There is a group of dedicated business owners, townspeople, and a big push by the current mayor, to revive the historic downtown of this small southern town. 

Their culminated efforts will be unveiled on Saturday, May 28th, when many of the shops will open their doors for the first time for the 2011 Clarksville Fine Arts Festival

Parkhouse Antiques will be one of those new stores!  Find out more about the upcoming event here, and visit Parkhouse online here

8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I'd love to visit were it closer! What a wonderful and unique place to have bridal pictures taken. Glad you enjoyed yourself!

XO,
Janie

Kathy said...

Awesome - I live within 30 minutes of Clarksville, TN! And I've got a 4 day weekend coming up. Sounds like I need to take a road trip!

Anonymous said...

The photos are g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!! I love Parkhouse Antiques. The industrial metal bins are my favorites! I was just thinking today it's been a few months since I've gotten to First Monday - I think my Sister might come up from Frisco the next go around - she's going to fall in love with your shop! I can't wait to bring her in ~ Happy Thursday!

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

How fun Laurie!! It looks like it is a beautiful shop ~
I am going to have to get over there very soon :)
Thank you for telling us about it!!

xoxo
Lori

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a fun day we had shopping, love all of you pictures, their gorgeous!!!
hugs~~~ Daphne

Sueann said...

What a beautiful shop! So many delicious items to see and touch!! Wow!
And that they will open a new shop is wonderful!
Sounds like you have met a soul mate for sure!
Enjoy
Hugs
SueAnn

Stephanie said...

What a fun shopping day! You've got to let me know next time you are going to be that close to my neck of the woods!

jennifer said...

I LOVE Parkhouse Antiques! When I had my bridal portraits taken there, I could hardly focus because I was so enamored with their beautiful pieces. All I wanted to do was shop :) Lindra and Allen are such sweet people and oh so talented. Can't wait to visit their new store...thank you for sharing!!!

Jennifer Claire
Memento Designs