Friday, August 05, 2011

Farmhouse Friday - Maiden Post and Part 3 of the Tour

Thank you for joining me!  If you've been reading my blog for a while then you already know that we recently purchased an 1894 Farmhouse.  Our new place is the inspiration for this blog segment that is dedicated to all things related to Farmhouse Living.

I've been sharing snippets of our new sweet place over the past couple of months, and although we are aching to dig our fingers into projects, we must wait until September after we've finished transforming the Shoppe. 
However, I may be working in the Shoppe, but my thoughts are still with the Farmhouse on Main. :-))

  The product of that....as we've been moving things around, this cabinet has slipped under my skin.  So much so that I find myself singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" in Ol' Blue Eyes fashion every time I walk by it.  The result?....it has now become the inspiration for our future Farmhouse kitchen!
Look at this big beautiful boy!  It dates to the late 1800s, and is probably the best antique cabinet I've ever found in all my years of buying.  Actually, my friend Tony from Town Square Antique Mall in Sulpher Springs found it for me.  He's a gem....thanks Buddy!

It's huge, measuring almost 9 feet tall and 8 feet wide so it needs an old kitchen with tall ceilings.  We've got that covered!

It seems fitting that this cabinet from the Shoppe end up in our Farmhouse, especially since it dates to right around the time this house was built....I love that! 

I also love these sliding doors on the cabinet!

So, although it will be sitting in the Shoppe for a little while longer, the price tag has been changed to sold. :-))
Okay, now, let me show you the before photos of our kitchen at the Farmhouse on Main.  The original kitchen was removed and a new kitchen was added in the 1990s. 
It was designed to be the kitchen for a bed and breakfast.
So, although it's lovely, it has very little cabinetry or counter space. And, it is missing many of the things we need for everyday living.
Things like a dishwasher, garbage disposal, a pantry and storage, and we need washer / dryer hookups added somewhere in the house. 

These are things that weren't necessary for the previous owner because they did not reside in the house.
This kitchen will see major changes in the future, all inspired by that big antique farmhouse cabinet.  :-))

My desire is to have a large farmhouse kitchen that looks as if it's been there for ages. But, with all the modern conveniences tucked inside. 
Like some of these....




Are you feeling some Farmhouse kitchen love? 

Several of my favorite Farmhouse sistas (as Anne calls it) have posted some farmhouse kitchen and cabinets love this week.  Be sure to check out Anne and Becky, and you while you're at it, check out Debra, she has a wonderful new Design Challenge series that's really exciting!

Now, it's your turn to share your Farmhouse love too!  You don't need to have a farmhouse or even a vintage home to share, just a post that has something to do with Farmhouse living.  Whether it be Farmhouse decorating, Farmhouse gardening, Farmhouse cooking, or just Farmhouses in general, we want to see it!

Okay, let's get this party started, link up below and spread the word.  And, if you haven't already done so, be sure to enter my giveback for a $100 LaurieAnna's Vintage Home gift certificate here, I will announce the winner next week!