Tuesday, June 12, 2012

DIY Ruffled Roller Shades

Busy busy busy!  The Shoppe by day, the Farmhouse by night, and no lack of projects at either!


At our farmhouse I've been on the hunt for shades for the dining room, but have been unable to find anything I like.
So in the meantime I just made my own.

A little burlap ribbon, some remnant fabric, and wire button garland went a long way to jazz up these inexpensive Wal-mart roll-up shades. 

Super simple, I started by ruffling my fabric and sewing it directly onto the bottom of the shade. It was surprisingly simple to sew right through the vinyl.

Then I used the hot glue gun to add burlap ribbon and then the wire button garland. 

Simple simple simple and very little time to complete.  I'm pleased with the softness and interest it added to the shades. 

What do you think?