Sunday, January 04, 2009

Good weather and great people!



In years past, January has proven to be a slower show because it’s usually accompanied by cold temps. But, I gotta tell ya…… Friday and Saturday it felt like a beautiful day in April! Love it!

The spring-like weather brought out the shoppers by the thousands! In the mix of friendly customers, I had the opportunity to again meet Valarie, a fellow blogger and her darling hubby, Tim, of McKinney. Valarie is an absolute doll, we immediately hit it off last Spring when she was buying some things at our booth in preparation for an upcoming home tour. Her and her hubby are two of the nicest people you’ll ever meet! She and I are planning a future girlie day in McKinney, where she lives.

McKinney must have been in the air, because this morning I had a visit at the store from Kaci and Luann of Patina Green. I’ve been a long time fan of their work and we share many, many mutual friends. This mother and daughter team are former fellow Arbor vendors that are stuffed full of talent, and they are as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside. They now sell their beautiful goods at a store named “Smitten” (love that name) located in McKinney. We shared a nice long chat and are planning a joint venture for spring. I’m dying to share, but I’ll wait until we have the details worked out, but be ready - it’s going to be wonderful!

I’d like to close this post with a heartfelt thanks for all the support, encouragement and friendship in 2008. I never cease to be amazed at the friends we make each month, and at the loyalty of our customers. You are what make this business worthwhile...from the bottom of my heart...thank you!

LaurieAnna

5 comments:

terri said...

Can't wait to visit your store some day. I discovered Smitten at the Dickens on the Square in McKinney. LOVE the store and went back 3 weeks later. No small feat when 6+hr drive away! Can't wait to see what is in the works.

Anonymous said...

Dear Lauri Anna,

I'm so glad that we stopped by your store on our way home. Your booth is wonderful, but it can't compare to the store. The store will be my first Canton stop from now on! I can't wait to see what surprise you've got planned! See you soon!

trash talk said...

This should be an over the top venture to behold. When 3 fantastic talents come together the results can only be spectacular! Can't wait. Debbie

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Laurie, loved seeing you again this past month. Don't you just think Luann and Casey are the sweetest? I've had McKinney on my mind as well after seeing pics of Smitten and I actually got to meet Karen, the owner too at Canton. Have a great week and thanks again for your sweet words. You are one of a kind my friend!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it when my favorite vendors find each other!!!!! I found Patina Green on my last visit to Smitten, and their stuff is just too, too clever and classy. I think you guys (I love you in Canton) will make a GREAT duo or partnership or creativeness or whatever it is that you generate with your special talents.

Can hardly Wait!!!

Mz V