Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks - Farmhouse Friday #16

During my days as a Corporate Trainer, I used a variety of exercises to teach various training topics.
One such exercise that I frequently used in a Customer Service training class, asked participants to share something out of the ordinary for which they were thankful.
I used that exercise in countless classes with hundreds of employees. 
Over the years, the answers ran the spectrum, but none were as profound as the response that was given one afternoon by a quiet young employee.
She shared that she was thankful that
she had bills to pay.

As you might expect, there were a couple of odd looks from some of the other participants until she clarified her statement.
She explained that because she had bills
it meant
she had a roof over her head,
a car to drive,
and heat to keep her children warm.
She ended by saying that some people may never know those things.
I am blessed with so many sweet memories from my days as a trainer, but moments like that one are the real treasures.
For those were the moments in which I learned more,
than I taught.
A heart of gratitude is the most precious thing any of us will ever possess, it will always lead us down the right path and remind us to enjoy the journey along the way. 

I pray that for all of us. 
Not just on Thanksgiving Day, but for every day.
Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving surrounded by family and friends enjoying lots of love and laughter.

Thank you so much for being a part of my life, and for letting me be a part of yours.
P.S. All of the beautiful photos you see here belong to my Farmhouse Sistas from last week's Farmhouse Friday.  You can visit their lovely blogs by clicking on the photos.  Link up or comment below to share some love and inspiration. 

14 comments:

Gracefully Vintage said...

LaurieAnna, That was Great.. And Oh So true-Love that statement.
Gratitude is a wondeful thing..
Have a Lovely Thanksgiving -Thank You for sharing your shoppe-your loves-your adorable farm house..
Karryan
xoxo

SLR said...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving...blessings to you!

martinealison said...

Bien que dans mon pays nous ne célébrons pas votre fête, je vous souhaite une très joyeuse Thanksgiving, avec de gros bisous.

Amy Chalmers said...

that puts it in perspective~thank goodness I have bills...never thought of it that way! Happy Thanksgiving to you Laurieanna!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful message LaurieAnna! Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for hosting your party on this holiday.

Blessings,
Linda

Eileen @ Cottage Beach House said...

Great post! I will remember that perspective on bills. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thank you for hosting this linky.

Unknown said...

Here's hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving LaurieAnna ! Thank you for featuring my fireplace in your blog !

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I would like to say thank you for hosting such an inspiring blog party that I look forward to each week. And thanks for featuring my grandaughters little wicker stroller.

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Beautiful post - I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Thanks for hosting.

d e l i g h t said...

Lovely thoughtful post! Thank you for hosting. Hope you had a very nice Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for the feature!

Heaven's Walk said...

It's the little things like that that truly make one feels blessed, Laurie Anna. With each passing year, I find myself more and more grateful for every tiny blessing - like the sunshine streaming in my kitchen window, or the smile on my furbaby's face, or digging my hands in the warm soil in the garden. It's so good to feel alive and healthy. :)

Thank you for featuring my last post today! I am truly humbled. :)

Hugs to you!

xoxo laurie

Pam Kessler said...

Thank you for hosting the party again this week. Thanks for sharing the story of the girl who was thankful for the bills. So true!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Great thought! First time linking (my fun marshmallow wreath) here and your newest follower too!
Kelly